Television show titles from alternate universes
Those of us at Nerd Odyssey pondered what alternate universes might have chosen as titles for various television shows through the decades.
Below is a list of television show names from the past and present, paired with a possible amusing titular alternative, which may exist in some random universe…. behold!
1. The Pretender = The Faker
2. Dexter = The Killer Killer
3. Detroit 1-8-7 = Detroit Has a Lot of Murders
4. Smallville = Untrained Superman
5. Lost = Where Are We… & What the Hell is That Thing?
6. House = Junkie A-Hole Doctor
7. Lie to Me = You’re Lying… Stop That!
8. Castle = Murder He Wrote
9. Grey’s Anatomy = Whiny Doctors MD
10. Seinfeld = It Wasn’t Me!
11. CSI = Blinded By Science… & Blood Stains
12. Cheers = Has-Been & the Drunkards
13. Joey = That One Guy…
14. M*A*S*H = Hey, Doc… Remember All the Fun We Had Fighting Korea?
15. Supernatural = Ghost Face Killers
16. Vampire Diaries = Teen Bloodsuckers (A.K.A. Vampire Weekend)
17. Outsourced = Casual Racism : A Comedy
18. The Cape = Costco Batman
19. Episodes = That One Guy Is Back Again
20. Being Human = Oh, the Humanity!
21. Quantum Leap = Time Skipper
22. Family Matters = The Character Assassination of Carl Winslow By the Coward Steve Urkel
23. Burn Notice = Being a Spy the Bruce Campbell Way
24. Full House = Two Guys, Three Girls, & an Impressionist
25. Shameless = Child Protective Services, Where Are You?
26. The Mentalist = Psych (Psych = The Mentalist)
27. Iron Chef = Can’t Eat THAT at Applebee’s!
28. All In the Family = Just Like Grandpa…
29. Sex & the City = Sex & the City: The Sands of Time
30. How I Met Your Mother = Hey Kids, Wanna Hear About All The Women I Slept With Before I Met Your Mother?
31. Big Bang Theory = The Socially Awkward Network
32. The View = Celebrity Hen Party
33.That ’70s Show = The ’70s Weren’t Really That Great, Folks… Here’s a Reminder
34. The Tudors = Hail to the King, Baby
35. Big Love = Seriously?
36. Doogie Howser MD = I’m 16 & I’ve Been Licensed to Cut Out Your Liver
37. Family Guy = The Simpsons Did It
38. Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper = Hangin’ With Alice Cooper
39. Dr. Who = No Way That Guy is a Doctor!
40. Cougar Town = UB 40
41. The Situation Room = Wolf Blitzer & the Chamber of Secrets
42. The Rifleman = That Man Uses a Rifle!
43. Step By Step = White Trash Brady Bunch
44. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno = The Tonight Show with Machiavelli’s Ghost
45. Two & a Half Men = Two Half-Men & a Hobbit
46. Larry King Live = The King’s Speech
47. Sarah Palin’s Alaska = The Deer Hunter
48. Justified = Kentucky Gunslinger
49. Married With Children = Growin’ Up Bundy
50. American Idol = The Golden Calf (A.K.A. Lost in Space)
Any thoughts on our hypotheses?
Posted on February 9, 2011, in Comedy, Mind Drippings, Nerd Odyssey, Television and tagged alternate reality show titles, mind drippings, multiverse, nerd, nerd odyssey, nerds, television. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.